How we can support you
We have Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dedicated staff who can provide cultural support and advice to First Nations patients, families and carers.
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dedicated staff:
- visit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients in hospital
- explain hospital services and procedures to patients
- liaise between patients and hospital staff
- provide emotional support
- refer patients to other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander support services
- provide culturally appropriate information to hospital staff.
If you need support please ask reception staff at our local health facilities.
If you would like to provide feedback, please get in touch using our feedback form.