The Queensland Health website has information about salaries, accommodation and other employment conditions.
- Salary and remuneration, including salary sacrificing
- Leave entitlements
- Awards and agreements
- Accommodation assistance Policy D5 for eligible employees
- RemServ salary sacrificing
- SmartSalary salary sacrificing
We also offer the following services for help with your emotional health and wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance Program (Livewell Optum) - a confidential and free service available to employees and their family.
- CRANAplus Bush Support Services - self help online therapies and free telephone counselling and support service for rural and remote health workers, service providers and their families.
Nurses and midwives
Queensland Health offers many benefits for nurses and graduates working in remote communities.
- free or subsidised accommodation
- fully covered relocation costs
- generous recreation leave and professional development time
- bonus payments for each year of service.
We also encourage graduates and students to explore our:
The Queensland Rural Generalist Pathway supports junior medical officers with targeted training and development to become a rural generalist, or to explore any other medical field.
Allied health practitioners
We encourage allied health practitioners to develop a broad range of clinical skills.
Read more on the Allied Health Professions' Office of Queensland website.